Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Whole New World

Hello Extraordinary ones! It has been a grand ride since I have last updated this blogspot~ to the point where I don't know where to even begin... so I will do my absolute best not to ramble on. :o)

For those of you that do not know after my Summer w/ AweStar Ministries in Panama, I packed up my truck and moved out to Redding, California and was accepted to attend Bethel School of Supernatural Ministries.  I am thoroughly enjoying my time here and learning/experiencing more and more each day.
I am in a class of a little more than 900, so we are broken down into groups of 65 called Revival groups and these have become like a family and then there is a smaller group of 5 that is our core group.
I have classes Mon-Thurs which involves anywhere from bible reading, book reports, lectures/teachings, worship, prayer, etc.  On Saturday I am a part of an activation called 'Community Feast' and will be blessed by this all the way 'til the end of the school year. My group and I go to South City Park and provide food for those who are living there and also for those who are only a paycheck away from being there.  Each story breaks my heart, but it's inspiring to know that each smile is a symbol of hope restored.
At the start of the year we had a retreat at a YWAM base in Chico, CA.  This was so that we could get to know our Revival group a little better, and it was a wonderful adventure to explore and to go bouldering. I did grow in my relationships and created strong bonds.  During that time we also had evening services, these really sparked the fire for what God has been stirring up in me.
The first night during worship someone had said "Some of us really need to seek the face of God. We need to look in His eyes and see the love that He has for us."  My initial reaction was that I was scared... I  was determined not to look. I was afraid of what I might see- I realized then more than ever I didn't think I would see safety or love... I thought I would only see rejection. So, realizing this, I fought with myself internally. When the main speaker began sharing about joy, I was completely frustrated.  He shared that the only way we can fully experience Christ's joy is by knowing God's love fully.  I just became so angry!  It seemed like it wasn't fair- it was a complete injustice! You mean, I can't have joy because I don't understand that He loves me? I don't know why I don't think He loves me... it's not something I can just fix!
but slowly my frustration lessened and I took notes so that maybe something would help/settle later. The speaker continued to speak and defined joy (used in one of the verses) as a shout of rejoicing, triumphant shouting like that of a great victory.  I was still somber and a little more heartbroken that I couldn't  come upon joy until I was overwhelmed by the love of God.  I rembember the speaker saying "so, what are you all going to do about it?" as his final charge over the group. I was saying to myself yeah, God I want that... to which He would reply -so what are you going to do about it?- Ha! long story made shorter: I ended up that night just laughing and enjoying His presence and the presence of those around me. Someone had told me that everything was going to change after that night and I believe that to be very true. I felt invincible that night and felt like I could take on the world the next day but the following night after teaching my mentality was completely wrecked... A man named Jason came to share his story but told us all we really needed to know/remember was the statement "I love the King and the King loves me" . I was moved by his testimony but nothing shook me more than his imaginings. He shared that he fantasized about when Jesus is in the garden and didn't want to go to the cross and asks if there is any other way but God says "Do you remember Jason?" " Yeah, I remember Jason " as He turns decidedly walking towards His captors.  He is whipped and the nails are driven through His feet and hands. He cries out "Daddy- Why!?" 'Do you remember Jason? Do you remember his sin, his pain? Do you remember Jason Vallotton? He's lost'  "Yes, I remember Jason." and He doesn't regret it - He isn't bitter but Jesus smiles because He knows what's in store.
~I think Jesus is thinking of me.~
Jason also began to share his fantasy of being formed in our mother's womb. God is looking at a blueprint and begins placing different characteristics, taking peices of Himself and putting it into us. Now, some of the peices are hidden and just haven't been called forth or they've been covered up with earth. A shiver went down my back and I couldn't keep the tears from my eyes.  I lost it! but from this night I learned Jesus loves me... that I am the beauty of Christ, I can be the center of attention, I was not made to be shy or in the corner, not made to be forgotten, etc. Learning who God is and what He's done brings about the revelation of who I am.  I am a princess, I am loved, I am worthy... Jesus loves my purity and innocence. I will be living in a season of victory.
 Earlier this year God had told me that my words will bring life and change lives and I really had no idea what that would look like and I am still learning but throughout school I have been praying for boldness and through my Revival group and my AMT (Advanced Ministry Training) called Prophetic Worship I feel like I am beginning to grasp the edge of what God has placed in me. 
My worship has come alive with praise to Him, and I have been able to pour into the lives of those around me through prayer or song as I have learned that there is a power in each of us that shifts atmospheres in a way... or at least you have to ability to effect someone or something.
I have found that through experiencing God's presence, you are able to minister to people in a whole new way. Whether this is through song, dance, art, spoken word, etc. Almost any form of expression can be used by God to reach to the core of people. 
In saying that, I have discovered that I am powerful, that I can effect my surroundings just by being.
My words have power when I speak and possibly increased power when I sing... and I am using this opportunity to learn guitar and impact the world through something as simple as a few chords. 

I am still learning in all of this, I don't pretend to have it all figured out... but in knowing that Christ residing within me produces an ability to bring change... this power brings such a peace to my uncertainties.
I am not weak, helpless and lacking hope, but I walk with the Lion of the tribe of Judah.



John 14:12 "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

I, also, have been learning that in order for a need to be met, I need to allow others to know about it:
Since arriving here in Redding, I have been applying for jobs but have had no success yet. It has been manageable until fairly recently... While, I am still unable to find work I need to move from where I've been staying. (It has been such a blessing to live w/ family and rent free but with my nephew soon to arrive, it's best for eveyone that I move the beginning of this month)  I have a few friends that are graciously opening up their home for a couple weeks while I still seek out work or am blessed by some means of income. What a life I lead... all while trying to finish paying for school, provide rent and money for necessities...
I have also been greatly blessed with the opportunity to return to the country of Chile with BSSM on a mission trip in March. I can just hear Poppa God whisper "Do you trust me?"With great anticipation I know that Jehova-Jireh cares for me, and will provide in His perfect timing and quite possibly in ways that I never expected.

Friends & Family, I'll just quickly say that if you would seek the Lord and feel lead to provide through financial support or if you should choose to meet this need in any way- You are an answer to prayers.

 Mailing address is 751 Hilltop Drive #59 Redding, CA 96003
E-mail is jessIcAMooreo91@aol.com

(PLEASE understand that prayer is, in fact, meeting a need in an extraordinary way)

I wanted to use this as a kind of overview of what I've been learning this is by no means everything if you want to know more or have any questions I would love to talk with you :o)
(phone, Skype, e-mail, FB, snail mail... whatever)

I will do my best to post more regularly to let you in on how God is moving in this fantastic time in my life.
Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment