Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sleeping through the Storms

I began to write this post at the start of this month- but have been caught up in life and catching on school.

This post is just a story of how God has been working in my life- my testimony can be your breakthrough!
As some of you may know, I was chosen to be a part of a team to Chile. The trip is in March through Bethel School of Supernatural Ministries.  I was extremely thrilled with the idea of returning to a nation and people that I have fallen in love with. There was only ONE problem that I could see... you see I was also in another bind. I had to move from Justin & Tara's because Ezra was coming soon. (We didn't realize how soon that really was -ha!)  With work still scarce I was having even more trouble trying to find a place to rent. 4 lovely ladies from my Revival Group opened up their home to me as a temporary solution. My allotted two weeks came & went with no leads towards income or housing.
 Needless to say I was growing a bit stressed. I was trying put all of my worries in God's loving hands, but never-the-less there I was overwhelmed with what was lacking and everything I was trying to do to fix the situation. The deposit for my trip was due the 15th. As of the night of the 14th, I didn't have a penny to go towards it. I had seen multiple people from my school posting requests asking for support on their trips. Last thing I wanted to do was add to the chaos, plus- who am I to ask to be sent to South America when I barely have money for food.
I was sitting and praying and God prompts me to ask for help. I began to argue with Him... (I know, not the brightest plan.)  I told Him that it would never work it was just too late... but He didn't think so. Ha!
So I posted a link and request on FB wall asking if anyone would be able to help.   it was a half-hearted attempt but that's all I could muster.   I was tired from trying to fix everything myself and attempting to decipher every situation.  As I got ready for bed that night I had received a portion of my deposit, but was still overcome by a lack of hope.   I had joked around in a prayer with God asking if I could just go to bed and not mess with it anymore... if I could sleep and all my problems be taken care of and questions be answered.
- I woke up to an e-mail that said that my deposit was paid in full and a little bit more!  That's just like our God... more than enough!
I was allowed to stay a while longer with the Ladies (Erin, Michelle, Kerstin, Lisa) on Shiloh Ct.
We had talked about the possibility of making this my home for the rest of the year. Which I had been talking with my friend Stephanie explaining that my ideal situation would be to stay with them. That I hated the idea of having to relocate again and that I loved feeling the joy and peace that came along with my new family.
After a few attempts of talking with the landlord, Erin sent an e-mail without me knowing.
I woke up (about two weeks ago) two her reading the response. We have found favor! I finally have a place where I belong.  It feels great at the end of the day to say "I'll see you at home."
What could make that story even better?  The night before I had joked around with God again asking if He could just take care of it for me because I just wasn't strong enough. HA!

After this 2nd response of His provision and prodigal love I was reminded of Matthew 8: 23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” 26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Last night, at a party, I was talking with a friend of mine and telling her these testimonies.
We rejoiced together and then I confessed a small concern of "what if I don't get the rest of the money?"
We continued talking together and she said- don't worry about it. That's small change to Him
-
I arrived home from the party and checked my e-mail to find that someone had donated $1,400 for my trip.
Ha! O my goodness, O my goodness

In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women...! Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her!" (Luke 1:42a, 45 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment